admin shell

HALEN666

hey guys i have a really important question, how can i create an admin shell in a server that can be access through port 80. you know there are some websites in which you can access the server through port 80 by going to a page such as admin.php or login.asp, and have admin access to check files from the drives of the server and stuff like that.

is there a program to create a shell or if i had to programĀ  a script for that how could i do it, sorry programming is not something i really like.

if you could help me i would really thank you.

bye

Well thats unpossible, anyone with half a brain will know that.

May be I'm a cynical paranoid delusional. I wouldn't put it past some people to think other wise. (been completely serious of course). On a slightly related related note, I once had a guy ask me (at work) how he can hide his bandwidth usage from his ISP, and insisted it was possible.

I may have this all mixed up, but if you comprise apache I'm pretty sure you only comprise the www user, which shouldn't be in the wheel anyway. You might be able to do something funky with suexec if you re-jangled it to run stuff as root but you would need to be root to do that in the first place.

Does it? When you install it, it will ask you to set a root username & password, port and if you want to use SSL. Pretty damn hard to miss. Throw in some firewalling and limit the connecting IP's and your kosher.

Adding the following line to /etc/crontab will cause portsnap to update its compressed snapshot and the INDEX files in /usr/ports/, and will send an email if any installed ports are out of date:

0 3 * * * root portsnap -I cron update && pkg_version -vIL=

you know i feel like i should ask again..

basically what i wanna do is to be able to set up a page in a webserver to be able to use tools such as netcat in that server from the net, there is a video in milw0rm in which the guy set up a page in a server and just by typing in YOUR browser www.blahblahblah.com/pagewithnetcat.asp

you can have access to the server through port 80, you can check files in the server an stuff like that. it is nice for serrvers in which the damn router doesnt forward any other port but port 80

basically what i wanna do is to be able to set up a page in a webserver to be able to use tools such as netcat in that server from the net, there is a video in milw0rm in which the guy set up a page in a server and just by typing in YOUR browser www.blahblahblah.com/pagewithnetcat.asp

you can have access to the server through port 80, you can check files in the server an stuff like that. it is nice for serrvers in which the damn router doesnt forward any other port but port 80

your options

a) set webmin to run on port 80

b) get a better router

c) tell us exactly what you're trying to do so we can tell you how it's done

A link to the video might help us here, but it doesn't sound to far fetched. Windows or *nix? (the asp bit suggests windows but its detail, lots of detail is going to be the key here).