Pay TV

spider

Im just wondering if its possible to use something like MythTV to stream my Pay TV channels to all the other TV's in my house, but i want to be able to say watch discovery on one channel while streaming the comedy on another tv in the house. I know you can pay for extra box's that will let you do this, but im looking for a cheaper option. I have a few spear computers that i could use to setup something like this but i have no idea where to start looking.

Im just wondering if its possible to use something like MythTV to stream my Pay TV channels to all the other TV's in my house, but i want to be able to say watch discovery on one channel while streaming the comedy on another tv in the house. I know you can pay for extra box's that will let you do this, but im looking for a cheaper option. I have a few spear computers that i could use to setup something like this but i have no idea where to start looking.

are you talking about TV you're already paying for or the other kind of payTV

When doing things like that you need one TV tuner per the numbee of channels you want to watch/record. The only other issue is that if you want to watch an encrypted channel I (personally) don't know of any tuners that actually will allow you to do that (for fear of been sued in to oblivion by cable companies).

There are boxes with multiple tuners (at least in the UK), however they only have one which actually outputs and the others are used for recording TV onto the hard drive at the same time. With one box with one tuner it's impossible to watch more than one channel at the same time.

When doing things like that you need one TV tuner per the numbee of channels you want to watch/record. The only other issue is that if you want to watch an encrypted channel I (personally) don't know of any tuners that actually will allow you to do that (for fear of been sued in to oblivion by cable companies).

the reason I love my ATI Radeon 7500 all in wounder the macrovision is software based and theres a driver that disables it :)