Full time linux users?

Teengeek

I've been Linux only since about 2003. Started way back on Mandrake 7.x ... around mid to late kernel 2.4. Progressed through Fedora and then finally landed on Gentoo, where I will be staying for a long time unless other distros miraculously come up with a software manager as powerful as portage.

If it can be done in Windows, it can be done in Linux*.

* Does not apply to some Lexmark printers, some ATI graphics cards, and some Direct X games.

you forgot broadcom 802.11 :) lol

Those have worked natively in linux since kernel 2.6.17.

Trouble is the big binary distros have yet to, for the most part, update to that part.

But if you've been using Gentoo -- you've had native and modestly easy Broadcomm support for a year now.

Every once in a while I try to switch over to linux, but there is always some issue that gets in the way. Though, the last time I used ubuntu, it was pretty nice. I ended up switching back to windows due to some issues with flash (didn't feel like fixing it).

Now I have a macbook running os x in addition to my windows machine, which seems to be a good balance.