Noobie Intro

Ricco60

Hello All,

I'm Ricco60, a noobie, and I want to learn about wireless network security.  I know that's a general question with a long list of likely responses.  Maybe some of those response include "why" or "what you want to know."  Let's assume I know little. I read about "Pineapple", Rubber Ducky," and so forth, but don't understand what they can do and how to use them.

So, let's start with that, if you'll reply, please.

Thanks!

The channel has done a lot of videos on wi-fi hacking that start at the real beginner level and work up. Look back through the archive and pick ones on the topics that interest you.

Hi Ricco and welcome to the board 🙂

First of, think about why you want to learn this, how much money you have to put into a project like this, how much time and effort also. I hope you like to study and read, and are a bit stubborn, you'll need it for sure 🙂
Nobody like to spoonfeed the new ones, we like to see people are putting in some effort to learn the basics themselves, so Google and Youtube is your friend.

You're talking about wanting to learn wifi security ?, how are your Linux skills ?, what do you know about wifi configuration and use in general ?

My suggestion would be, learn wifi network setup first, learn some basic Linux (debian is a good place to start), learn some basic scripting, and when you're ready, move on to Kali, since it got most of the tools you'll need later. And why Debian, because Kali is based on it, it's just a custom Debian packed with tools for penetration testing, so if you know Debian, you should have a chance of learning Kali.

When you get that far, read up on aircrack-ng and tools like it, get comfortable with them, and know how and why they work, and you should have no trouble cracking wifi, or running software based evil twin attacks, and then go from there.

The Pineapple is a good tool, but NOT if you don't know the basics, it's not a "push a button and hack something", kind of tool. It's meant to get things done faster, more easily, not a do-all solution. The ducky has nothing to do with wifi, it's more of an scriptable / automated keyboard injection tool, and so is the Bash Bunny.
Start by reading the forum sections on each tool, see a couple of videos, and read some articles about them, to learn what they do, how they work, and if it's something you can use, it depends on what you want to do.

Have fun, and again, welcome aboard :)

/NoExecute

Archived