Hak5 Docs site needs adjustments

dark_pyrro

I guess the docs sub site/sub domain will go away with the advent of the help site. In any way, the links for many of the products on the main page of the docs site (which already has made the move to the help web site) isn't totally accurate. The "problem" is the same for the links for most products;

- hover over the picture of the product >>> link to new help site

- hover over the text of the product >>> link to old docs site

Even if the docs site will be removed eventually, it would be less confusing for visitors to be directed to one place only per product.

33 minutes ago, dark_pyrro said:

hover over the picture of the product >>> link to new help site

Oof that's bad. And it doesn't load right with Firefox Mobile on Android.

Screenshot_20211119-211018_Firefox.thumb.jpg.4516929677377e80890e84b97b9a11d7.jpg

On 11/19/2021 at 10:37 AM, dark_pyrro said:

I guess the docs sub site/sub domain will go away with the advent of the help site. In any way, the links for many of the products on the main page of the docs site (which already has made the move to the help web site) isn't totally accurate. The "problem" is the same for the links for most products;

- hover over the picture of the product >>> link to new help site

Even if the docs site will be removed eventually, it would be less confusing for visitors to be directed to one place only per product.

Hi,

I'm aware of the picture and the text being different, unfortunately the issue is quite an annoying one to solve because of how the template for that site is, and I only had a few mins to change it. I'll revisit it to see if it can be improved before we completely get rid of the old docs.

On 11/19/2021 at 11:07 AM, Jtyle6 said:

Oof that's bad. And it doesn't load right with Firefox Mobile on Android.

This is a different issue, I'm not sure what though. The new docs are using Gitbook, and it seems to render okay in my Firefox on Android. Strange.

Archived