Suggestions and questions about PineApple

Mork

Hi guys!

First of all I have to say that I really like the WiFi Pineapple and appreciate it. But a few things bother me that I would like to address here, if I may !?

1. Either I'm too stupid or I really have to learn more about Linux. But I just can't get an SSH connection via an external application such as Putty.

2. I think it's really bad that the admin panel can be addressed via any connection (any interface). It should really not be able to be addressed via the open AP !!!

3. Why doesn't the admin panel run over SSL? A little creepy that it doesn't!

4. An SD card input would be great.

5. The switch to activate the Recon mode is always faulty with me. Especially when I want to activate the Recon mode on a cell phone with a low resolution. Maybe it's better to make a simple button out of it instead of this switch?

6. I would like to be able to sort the buttons on the left in the admin panel myself. That would be a cool skill!

As mentioned at the beginning, I think you guys are cool and keep going!

But if you want to fulfill a request that is quick, how do I get the SSH connection? 😁

Greetings to your Mork

5 hours ago, Mork said:

1. Either I'm too stupid or I really have to learn more about Linux. But I just can't get an SSH connection via an external application such as Putty.

2. I think it's really bad that the admin panel can be addressed via any connection (any interface). It should really not be able to be addressed via the open AP !!!

3. Why doesn't the admin panel run over SSL? A little creepy that it doesn't!

4. An SD card input would be great.

5. The switch to activate the Recon mode is always faulty with me. Especially when I want to activate the Recon mode on a cell phone with a low resolution. Maybe it's better to make a simple button out of it instead of this switch?

6. I would like to be able to sort the buttons on the left in the admin panel myself. That would be a cool skill!

1) Seems like a network issue you're having. SSH is available over 172.16.42.1 Port 22.

2) I don't think it's **that** big of a deal. We'll look into changing it in the future.

3) No domain means self signed certs, and self signed certs suck.

4) For what in particular?

5) This is new to me, not enough information to diagnose a potential issue on.

6) Pinned modules are sortable.

• 2 weeks later...

*2 <-- is a big deal :) 

# ONELINER TO ADD IPTABLES RULES TO THE STARTUP ( /etc/rc.local ): 

ssh -2 -4 root@172.16.42.1 'echo "iptables -I INPUT 1 -i wlan0 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 1471 -j DROP
iptables -I INPUT 1 -i wlan1mon -p tcp -m tcp --dport 1471 -j DROP
iptables -I INPUT 1 -i br-lan -p tcp -m tcp ! -s 172.16.42.42 --dport 1471 -j DROP

# Enter commands above this line
exit 0" > /etc/rc.local'

22 hours ago, Thermostaten said:

*2 <-- is a big deal :) 

# ONELINER TO ADD IPTABLES RULES TO THE STARTUP ( /etc/rc.local ): 

ssh -2 -4 root@172.16.42.1 'echo "iptables -I INPUT 1 -i wlan0 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 1471 -j DROP
iptables -I INPUT 1 -i wlan1mon -p tcp -m tcp --dport 1471 -j DROP
iptables -I INPUT 1 -i br-lan -p tcp -m tcp ! -s 172.16.42.42 --dport 1471 -j DROP

# Enter commands above this line
exit 0" > /etc/rc.local'

This might work for a common use case, but not all ;)

The biggest issue here is that in many use cases the person managing the Pineapple is not 172.16.42.42. This could be a mobile device connected, or perhaps the device is being accessed through a network itself is connected to.

Archived