Setup Issue

H2OMan

Hi All,

I got a Wifi Pineapple tactical last week and had some problems with the initial setup.

I followed the procedure to update it with no issues but I had some problem connecting to the network and after I did and got on the setup page it just went for ages spinning on the verify your device part from memory (hour plus). This was on a Mac.

In the end I had to come back to it but while it lights up normally but does nothing and goes to the firmware recovery stage (as in red light) when pressing the reset but when powering up but it does not display a WIFI network or will it connect to a Mac, linux or windows, meaning I cannot do a firmware recovery.

I am waiting on support to get back to me but I was wondering on any ideas on moving this forward.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2021 at 3:48 PM, H2OMan said:

I followed the procedure to update it with no issues but I had some problem connecting to the network and after I did and got on the setup page it just went for ages spinning on the verify your device part from memory (hour plus).

As is written on the same page, you need to press the button on the front of the unit.

Hi Foxtrot,

I appreciate the reply. I actually did follow the procedure including pressing the button.

After much trying to no end, I managed to work it out using a Windows machine instead of my normal Mac.

It required a firmware recovery that would not work on the Mac but works perfectly now.

Cheers for the reply. 

8 hours ago, H2OMan said:

It required a firmware recovery that would not work on the Mac but works perfectly now.

Cheers for the reply. 

I suspect you are using Big Sur, for which the ASIX driver is kinda bad currently. It seems that ASIX are yet to release a fully working driver for Big Sur's driver model changes.

Archived