C2 help

SamSepi46

I'm trying to connect the pineapple to c2 and I'm having an issue. I download the config file, upload it directly through the pineapple portal, it displays the "C2 enrolled" page displaying the connected SSID and the pineapples Ip address, but it still shows offline on the C2 portal. I've removed the configuration and rebooted the pineapple a couple of times but it didn't work either. What am I missing?

Thanks!

Is the Pineapple your only Hak5 device or do you have other Hak5 devices that are already connected to your C2 instance and working well without any problems? In which way do you run your C2 instance? Locally on your own network or somewhere on the internet (VPS or such)? How do you start your C2 instance? Manually or is it set up as a service? If running the C2 instance in a VPS, have you checked any eventual firewall and its configuration. Does it allow communication from the "outside" on the ports that the Hak5 device needs opened to be able to communicate with the C2 instance? If you look inside your device.config file, do you see a domain name or IP address that corresponds with the address where you run your C2 instance? (Don't post any information here though that reveals unique information about your setup)

I tried connecting a key croc after posting this and it didn't work either. I have c2 set up as a service on systemd, I have ports 80,443,2022,8080 open on the VPS firewall. I checked the device.config file, I don't see any IP addresses in it, could it be a bad config file? 

You probably start the C2 service with the wrong command if you can't see an IP address or a domain name in the device.config file. I know users do this since I have helped some figuring out why their Hak5 devices doesn't connect to their C2 instance. Are you using the public IP of the VPS (or domain name if you use that)? Some use Darren's setup videos on YouTube when installing their C2 instance (which is totally OK since they are good and accurate videos), however... they sometimes take things out of context since they aren't skilled enough and, for instance, starts the server with $IP as in the videos when there's actually no variable (IP) that has any valid content. That makes it all look as if it is working when you visit the C2 web GUI, but no device is able to connect since this kind of setup will generate device.config files with no information for the device on where to connect, i.e. the server address is missing.

Archived