Mark VII Reboot LOOP?? HELP

6lu6lack

I purchased my VII and for the first few months everything was running with out a hitch. I loved this thing. Now its a headache to me and idk why i cannot figure this out. about two months ago I had a small hiatus from using my pineapple and i forgot my login information so my research showed that i would have to preform a hard reset and upload firmware recovery. I completed all steps as followed and was able to re-configure the pineapple again and used it for that weekend. I went through another hiatus until three days ago do to my laptop getting stolen. When i plug the MK7 into a power source it would start up blue blinking then solid blue as always then after a few seconds it just turns off and repeats this process. I then tried to connect via usb c ethernet cable to my computer and i get the same result. it shows up under ethernet connections then just unpluggs itself. So naturally i assumed maybe i need to do another firmeware reset so i attempted one and i got to where i was uploading firmware which completed without a hitch but it just went back to rebooting itself. Now when i try to hold the reset button and plug it it the led blinks red three times and when i let go it turns blue and starts rebooting again!!! please help idk if i need replace or i just need a little extra detailed guidance. 

cany anyone help?? shit I even messaged support and still have not received a responding message from either email or fprum post? I am new to hak5 but i think of the forum members and as well as actual tech staff completely differently now as opposed to before....disappointed

31 minutes ago, 6lu6lack said:

cany anyone help?? shit I even messaged support and still have not received a responding message from either email or fprum post? I am new to hak5 but i think of the forum members and as well as actual tech staff completely differently now as opposed to before....disappointed

lol, spitting in the face of the forum members won't help your situation, not a very wise strategy... I'm opting out...

• 1 year later...

I just bought a Pineapple mark vii. It isn't working. It turns on when I connect with usb to my computer. The blue light blinks and as soon as it stops blinking it shuts down. I have looked for a solution. I tried reinstalling the firmware from the website as described by unplugging and holding the reset button as I plug it in. Wait for three blinks and it turns red solid. Then following directions. This did not fix the issue. I'm open to suggestions. 

That should for sure not happen normally. If you are sure you supply enough power (2A according to the specs), it should not have rebooting issues. I would probably suggest creating a support ticket on the Hak5 web site in order to try to get it solved.

This may sound a bit odd, and for whatever reason it worked because it had nothing to do physically with the Mark VII. I recently corrupted the firmware on mine, and had to reinstall causing it to do the exact same thing. I did a second reinstall with my other laptop now it's working perfectly...

Archived