High CPU and Memory utilization

KINGSABRI

Hi everyone 

I'm using Mark7 with firmware v1.0 with Evil-portal running

During the engagement, I faced the following issues

CPU Utilization

the CPU gets almost fully utilized. This leads the device to hangs and it must be rebooted.

Memory Utilization

Also the system's memory gets utilized to the level even system diagnose doesn't work unless the device is rebooted

When the memory is full, I get errors similar to the following

fork/exec /sbin/uci: cannot allocate memory
fork/exec /etc/pineapple/diagnostics.sh: cannot allocate memory

Management SSID disconnecting 

The management SSID is frequently disconnecting me and show an error on the UI WiFi Pineapple Disconnected - You are no longer connected to this Wifi pineapple"

Client mode issue

Also discovery SSIDs as a client is sometimes doesn't show the SSIDs (see: https://imgur.com/kbkQdGT)

Lake of plugins documentation 

Although I see that there is documentation for the APIs but I can't a clear tutorial for how to create a plugin

Also, plugin developers should at lease write documentation about how to use there plugin instead of relying on cloning the existing code and edit it of poking around on github to find other examples. (i.e Evil-port)

Additionally, on the plugin installing page, the source code URL for the plugin should be mentioned with the description. 

TBH, I'm not sure if these are bugs or this device is not for real life engagements as I had to reboot the device more than 10 time to finish one day job. 

Hi,

CPU / Memory Utilization

Please update to 1.0.1, as 1.0.0 is now out-of-date (as of this morning). There have been a few improvements to CPU usage and memory utilization and I'm curious to see if those changes have resolved your issues.

Management SSID disconnecting

This could happen due to a variety of reasons, such as changing AP settings in the device, but it's hard to tell for sure without knowing more about what you're doing when it happens. This isn't an issue I've seen reported before.

Client mode issue

1.0.1 also features some improvements to Client mode, see the post above for the entire changelog.

Lack of Plugins Documentation

There is a walk-through guide to creating a simple module from start to finish in the docs center. In the short-term future we'll be publishing the documentation for the Python API too, and after that plan to expand upon the linked doc article.

Source code for the modules can be found on GitHub.

Thank you everyone for your quick response. 

I will update the firmware today. Unfortunately the engagement is done but thankfully I get to collect user credentials when the device was stable. 

The problem is that these issues never happened during testing the device at home, all issues just jumped at the engagement time 🙂

Archived