RTSP Stream

DigitalTinker

My original plan for the Screen crab was as a remote video feed to create a KVM for servers. However since finding out that it doesn't actually support live streaming video, this won't work as originally advertised. So instead of using CloudC2, Would it be possible to set it up as a RTSP server then feeding in the captured video? That way I could still connect and view the captured video though VLC and be able to use the KeyCroc to send keyboard input?

The whole idea would be to create a mobile KVM that is half the price of commercial offerings that doesn't rely on Java like they do.

• 4 months later...

It is possible to modify the built-in software, but doing so would void your warranty.

Be very certain you want to mess with it before you go any further. Also, be sure you backup any modified files to the SD card before going any further.

If you open the cover on the crab, I believe there are terminals for a TTL serial port. You will need a TTL serial device from ebay, or a similar marketplace. DO NOT TRY TO USE RS-232!

On 9/17/2020 at 10:09 PM, DigitalTinker said:

My original plan for the Screen crab was as a remote video feed to create a KVM for servers. However since finding out that it doesn't actually support live streaming video, this won't work as originally advertised. So instead of using CloudC2, Would it be possible to set it up as a RTSP server then feeding in the captured video? That way I could still connect and view the captured video though VLC and be able to use the KeyCroc to send keyboard input?

The whole idea would be to create a mobile KVM that is half the price of commercial offerings that doesn't rely on Java like they do.

maybe a cheap and easy solution for you:

https://mtlynch.io/tinypilot/

Archived