Alfa AWUS036ACH support

zoro25

I've done some searches on the forums and this has been asked many times however there has never been a definitive answer on the support for the Alfa AWUS036ACH 

This is one of the most popular adapters for Kali and while I know the PineApples are not Kali Os they do run linux flavors for which the Alfa AWUS036ACH  has driver support. 

Has anyone managed to get the Alfa AWUS036ACH to show up on the PineApple and if yes then please post steps and if not then are any of the Hak5 team able to give a reason for the lack of support given how popular this adapter is.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/2/2020 at 4:07 PM, zoro25 said:

I've done some searches on the forums and this has been asked many times however there has never been a definitive answer on the support for the Alfa AWUS036ACH 

This is one of the most popular adapters for Kali and while I know the PineApples are not Kali Os they do run linux flavors for which the Alfa AWUS036ACH  has driver support. 

Has anyone managed to get the Alfa AWUS036ACH to show up on the PineApple and if yes then please post steps and if not then are any of the Hak5 team able to give a reason for the lack of support given how popular this adapter is.

Have you tried installing the drivers for any of the other Ralink chipsets? I couldnt find one specifically for the chipset in the AWUS036ACH but the driver for that models chipset seems to be the same as the rtl8723au-firmware driver provided by OpenWRT's package manager. You could try running

opkg install rtl8723au-firmware

then restart your device. Then you can see if it appears with

ifconfig -a

I just had to install the drivers for my AWUS036NEH and it worked fine for me.

If the package I mentioned earlier doesnt work you might want to try one of the other packages on here that start with rt***. One might work.

Hope that helps.

The ALFA AWUS036ACH uses the Realtek RTL8812AU, so kmod-rtl8812au-ct should be used, but I guess there will be less luck doing so. Perhaps it works using the Tetra, but the Nano keeps on resetting/rebooting when using adapters based on that chipset for some reason. Even when using a beefy power supply.
https://www.alfa.com.tw/products_detail/1.htm
https://deviwiki.com/wiki/ALFA_Network_AWUS036ACH

Archived