sharkjack.sh

GU355WH0O0

Hello guys!

So I have been awaiting over 12 mins now for my SJ to "connect"
I have previously ssh'd into the shark jack. So i know it has proper connection to my laptop

I ran script the sharkjack.sh script, but the script wont connect to my SJ

It is stuck on

Waiting for a Shark Jack to be connected..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................^C

I also tried "[C]onnect - get a shell on your shark jack."

This method also does not allow me to connect,

I am running linux mint 19.3

Thank you guys in advance for any advice

49 minutes ago, GU355WH0O0 said:

Still nothing, I am not able to upgrade firmware or connect

Hmm if you type "ifconfig" does your Machine see a interface with IP address "172.16.24.1"?

I do get the IP

I am still not able to connect to device.

I am able to ssh into it, which makes no sense. Im going to test this on an ubuntu box. Maybe mint is funky with this device

box@X:~$ ssh root@172.16.24.1
root@172.16.24.1's password:

BusyBox v1.28.4 () built-in shell (ash)

\_____)\_____      Shark Jack      _____/(_____/
    /--v____ __°<       by Hak5        >°__ ____v--\
           )/                              \(
root@shark:~# ls
VERSION  loot     payload
root@shark:~# cat VERSION
root@shark:~#

This is after i get into the executable

#####################################################

\_____)\_____      Shark Jack      _____/(_____/"
    /--v____ __°<       by Hak5        >°__ ____v--"
           )/                              \("

#####################################################

Press the highlighted key to select an option (example: press C to connect)

[C]onnect - get a shell on your Shark Jack
   pgrade firmware
   [P]ush payload to Shark Jack
   [G]et loot saved on Shark Jack

[R]eset known_hosts keys for the Shark Jack on this system
   etup ssh keys for easy access
   [Q]uit

Waiting for a Shark Jack to be connected.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................^C

I am in arming mode and connected to power. just for thought i also tried in attack mode.

But still no luck

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have the same problem. I get an IP. I can do SSH. ping -c 1 172.16.24.1 is successful. But a connection with the script is not possible. Any ideas? Tips? Developer comment maybe? I use a freshly installed Xubuntu 20.04 LTS.

This sharkhack.sh script uses a tput command but this is not found. Neither on the default firmware version 1.0.0 nor on the latest 1.1.0 which I installed. Usually tput is part of ncurses packages in GNU/Linux but "opkg update && opkg install ncurses" doesn't show such a package.

So my question is: how do we get this tput command onto the sharkjack so that script will work without output/formatting errors?

thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I also get 

Waiting for a Shark Jack to be connected............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

on latest firmware 1.1.0

• 2 weeks later...

Can confirm that interface enumeration has changed - on an up-to-date Kali it also hangs on connecting because it isn’t finding the (up) interface. Replacing the command to determine the interface with the name of the interface (“eth0” for me, YMMV) allowed it to work.

Someone also mentioned that it kills their Internet connection when plugged in. For me, the SJ creates an additional default route - deleting that allows normal Internet operation while still connecting to the SJ. (Note that the presence of the default route has no impact on the script’s ability to find the correct interface; I tried.)

Archived