PC unable to connect

skibo187

Hello my fellow Ninjas,

I got the Shark last week and everything was working great! until I upgraded to version 1.1.0 everything went south and was not able to connect through my PC (win10). When I used VMware and started my kali linux box I was able to connect but I was missing my loot file, everything seemed normal, but still I was not able to connect through my PC (which I was able to do before the upgrade)

WHAT I know the following:

The shark is fully charged

the button in the middle - Arming mode

My local machine has the 172.16.24.2 ip 

Kali box is able to connect to it.

PC windows 10 gets refused

and what happen to my loot file ( i had to recreate it with mkdir)

so  my final question why can't my PC connect to the shark? - Do i need to change something in the shark? and what happen to my loot file? 

Thanks in advance for the help. 

PC Refused.jpg

Shark missing loot file.jpg

One.. Your loot directory deletes when you upgrade firmware.

2nd issue, with the SSH issue. - I would personally try to manually force a firmware upgrade to make sure everything worked perfectly.

Also make sure your md5sum of the file is same as the firmware file on the Hak5 Servers.

Thanks Ar1k88,

I tested the shark last night on my network and it ran the nmap script and I was able to access it through my Kali vmbox from there everything looked normal. 

I will try the manual install hopefully everything goes well - Anything I need to look out for? I'll wait for any recommendations and try it tonight.

I triple checked the MD5sum and SHA256 they are the same. See below. 

SHA256.jpg

Edited by skibo187

Try using PuTTy for Windows to connect. The issue with it not being able to be accessed via Windows is really interesting.  

Make sure you follow the exact directions on the "Manual Upgrade" Documentation, and back up your loot folder. (Anytime firmware is flashed, storage will get wiped.)

1 minute ago, Ar1k88 said:

Try using PuTTy for Windows to connect. The issue with it not being able to be accessed via Windows is really interesting.  

Make sure you follow the exact directions on the "Manual Upgrade" Documentation, and back up your loot folder. (Anytime firmware is flashed, storage will get wiped.)

PuTTy URL:

https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/latest.html

49 minutes ago, skibo187 said:

Ar1k88 or somebody could you upload a picture of the files the shark has = Version loot payload and such I think I am missing something. 

It doesn't come with any.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the problem, but I do know that my shark jack does take a moment to boot up. Try this: plug the SharkJack into your computer, and set for arming mode. Then, wait 1 minute (As in 60 seconds) or so for the SJ to fully boot before trying to connect.

Before the SharkJack has fully booted, you won’t actually have an IP address, since the DHCP server hasn’t started, etc.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

I think i got the solution, this worked for me.

1. get a connection trough USB Serial you can do this by installing PuTTY (you can ask me if the connection isn't working)

2. after you get the connection you go to /etc/init.d/

3. start or restart the sshd service with ./sshd start or ./sshd restart