Build Quality Blues

Dark_Stoner

I was all ready to get some loot from the institutions network where I'm at when I discovered  a major problem.

The night I had the SharkJack plunged into my laptop (ThinkPad T580) prepping the firmware and payload,  One of the aids inadvertently put some minor pressure on the device. I immediately noticed  the SharkJack was no longer sticking straight out from the side of the laptop but was now at a 10 to 15 degree angle! The aid saw the look on my face and ask me what was wrong. I pointed out the problem and they put pressure on the  device snapping the two halves back together. I thought all was well until I unplugged the SharkJack from my laptop,. Apparently when the aid put pressure on it the night before the tiny red cover for the mode switch popped out! Needless to say it is most likely in the local trash dump. 

When you make SharkJack 2 please seal the two halves together beter.

The red switch is too fidgety to start with and I cannot get the device to be powered ON (on its own) for more than 15-30 seconds. Definitely a great tool but very disappointed with quality. I have all but 2 suite of products from Hak5 and it hurts because shipping is crazy to Canada

45 minutes ago, jonahd said:

The red switch is too fidgety to start with and I cannot get the device to be powered ON (on its own) for more than 15-30 seconds. Definitely a great tool but very disappointed with quality. I have all but 2 suite of products from Hak5 and it hurts because shipping is crazy to Canada

I'm glad it isn't just me. I'll guess I'll just order another and glue that Shark shut tight so it doesn't happen again. Hopefully I won't  glue the switch in the off position.

• 1 month later...
On 12/27/2019 at 7:46 PM, Dark_Stoner said:

Broke my second one today. At least I got one scan out of it. 😞

What you doing with it?!.. Playing Hacky sack?.. I have mine on my keyring and I throw my keys around aimlessly..

On 11/14/2019 at 10:45 AM, Dark_Stoner said:

the tiny red cover for the mode switch popped out!

Heh, I have popped my one back in twice..

2 hours ago, Ar1k88 said:

What you doing with it?!.. Playing Hacky sack?.. I have mine on my keyring and I throw my keys around aimlessly..

I'm waiting to hear what he's doing with it.

• 2 months later...

Archived