DHCP Server?

Jenny_B

Hello everyone,

I just got my shark jack yesterday, and I was really excited and saw a lot of potential. It truly is a great device, and I am so happy to be adding it to my Hak5 arsenal 

In a lot of the programs, I see a function Netmode, and then DHCP client. I was curious about this, and was wondering what other netmodes are out there, and if potentially there is a DHCP server could be started (plugging the shark jack into a desktop, and the desktop gets an ip from the shark jack. Then, you could download and upload files from and to the shark jack. Kind of like a BB, but can utilize the cloud C2 power). 

I was wondering if this was possible in any way. It’s just a question I was having, and I wanted to know if this is possible. 

Thanks everyone!

Hi, 

As far as I am aware, I believe that the SJ default setting when in Arming mode (switch in the middle position) is DHCP server (make sure the battery is charged or plug a USB-C charge cable during the process)

Shark jack lives at 172.16.24.1 and the client PC its connected to will be given an address in the same range (assuming the client pc IPv4 is configured for DHCP)

Darren, feel free to correct me if i've missunderstood ! as I am still learning basics of hak5 gear !

Hi,

3 hours ago, MoLeViP said:

As far as I am aware, I believe that the SJ default setting when in Arming mode (switch in the middle position) is DHCP server (make sure the battery is charged or plug a USB-C charge cable during the process)

But, is there a way to use the dhcp in attack mode. Like, we use it in a script and could potentially send and receive files to a host. I don't know. I'm also still learning more about the shark jack

@MoLeViP you are correct - the Shark Jack ARMING mode enables a DHCP server - however this is just for management of the device.

If you would like to make a payload for the Shark Jack @Jenny_B that enables a DHCP server rather than a client, use NETMODE DHCP_SERVER rather than NETMODE DHCP_CLIENT

This is documented at https://docs.hak5.org/hc/en-us/categories/360002117973-Shark-Jack

• 1 month later...

This works beautifully btw. I've been using this for exactly what you suggest @Jenny_b against hosts with a removable storage exclusion applied.

I've nicknamed it "the Exfiltrator", basically configured a DHCP server, nfs server, SMB, ftp and a simple php webpage offering upload and download, with the DHCP server, it's an awesome little beastie for that and some other things ;)

Archived