deauth does not work

sebigboss

Hi!

I tried Deauth - but it does not work.

I tried it with FW 2.4, 2.5.4 and 2.6.1 - no chance!

I tried it with different devices: a Laptop (Lenovo X1), a Samsung mobile, and other mobiles.

Lenovo: does not even recognise that there is a DEAUTH frame.

Samsung Mobile: deauth works - but it reconnects to the original AP not to the Pineapple.

And even worse: no way to deauth a second time - i have to REBOOT(!) pineapple to send another Deauth to the mobile.

Maybe this helps:

* I have a Tetra MK5.8.
* connections: 12V Power, ETH-USB, ETH-RJ45
it is reachable with both addresses, the ETH-USB and the ETH-RJ45 one

Maybe you can imagine my level of enthusiasm...

greets

sebi

There are several factors that effect deauth success of a device.

On 9/26/2019 at 8:54 AM, sebigboss said:

Samsung Mobile: deauth works - but it reconnects to the original AP not to the Pineapple.

If this is being done to a secure network, than this is what you would expect.  For it to connect to the pineapple it must be done on a open network. 

• 3 weeks later...

If the network you're attacking have enabled 802.11w then deauths will not work, because the managment frames are protected.
Also, the Pineapples spoofed network is open. If you're deauthing a target of a secure network, there's no guarantee that the client will then connect to your pineapple, even if the deauth is successful. If your target have never previously been connected to an open wifi network, it will never work.

On 10/15/2019 at 1:04 PM, Zylla said:

If the network you're attacking have enabled 802.11w then deauths will not work, because the managment frames are protected.
Also, the Pineapples spoofed network is open. If you're deauthing a target of a secure network, there's no guarantee that the client will then connect to your pineapple, even if the deauth is successful. If your target have never previously been connected to an open wifi network, it will never work.

Good points.  Location of the target, AP, spoofed AP also plays a role in success of the attack.

Archived