pandora unable to find file

Dashiky

I'm having the same problem. I installed the flash switcher for Firefox and reverted back to 8.0 r24.

I'll load up Pandora's Jar and I get the blue screen saying "let's go rip some Mp3s". Then, I do the workaround by opening pandora in a new tab by itself, then backing out of it, then it loads up fine.

However, when I try to Grab This Song, it won't let me, telling me to make sure I'm using FireFox.

I've read through the forums and it seems as if I'm doing everything suggested to make it work but it still is telling me to use FireFox, which from people's suggestions, seems to be a Flash issue, but I'm using the Flash converter and I know it works because Pandora initially tells me to upgrade to Flash 9 before I do the workaround.

Any other tips?

This is my DEBUG text

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - no more mp3 found in dir

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor -

***processing directory: hsperfdata_Jeremy Fuller***

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - unable to parse file: C:DOCUME~1JEREMY~1.JERLOCALS~1Temphsperfdata_Jeremy Fuller588 marking file as non-mp3

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - recent non mp3 file found: 588 - will continue to next file

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - file jusched.log is not an mp3

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - recent non mp3 file found: jusched.log - will continue to next file

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - file java_install_reg.log is not an mp3

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - recent non mp3 file found: java_install_reg.log - will continue to next file

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - file java_install.log is not an mp3

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - recent non mp3 file found: java_install.log - will continue to next file

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - file jinstall.cfg is not an mp3

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - recent non mp3 file found: jinstall.cfg - will continue to next file

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - mp3 found adding currentFile: plugtmp-1

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor -

***processing directory: Adobelm_Cleanup.0001.dir.0009***

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - file ~efe2.tmp is not an mp3

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - recent non mp3 file found: ~efe2.tmp - will continue to next file

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - file Adobelm_Cleanup.0001 is not an mp3

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - recent non mp3 file found: Adobelm_Cleanup.0001 - will continue to next file

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - unable to parse file: C:DOCUME~1JEREMY~1.JERLOCALS~1Temp~DF5CC2.tmp marking file as non-mp3

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - recent non mp3 file found: ~DF5CC2.tmp - will continue to next file

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - unable to parse file: C:DOCUME~1JEREMY~1.JERLOCALS~1Temp~DF5CE2.tmp marking file as non-mp3

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - recent non mp3 file found: ~DF5CE2.tmp - will continue to next file

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - unable to parse file: C:DOCUME~1JEREMY~1.JERLOCALS~1Temp~DF6BD3.tmp marking file as non-mp3

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - recent non mp3 file found: ~DF6BD3.tmp - will continue to next file

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - unable to parse file: C:DOCUME~1JEREMY~1.JERLOCALS~1Temp~DF6BE9.tmp marking file as non-mp3

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - recent non mp3 file found: ~DF6BE9.tmp - will continue to next file

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - unable to parse file: C:DOCUME~1JEREMY~1.JERLOCALS~1Temp~DF4C2A.tmp marking file as non-mp3

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - recent non mp3 file found: ~DF4C2A.tmp - will continue to next file

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - unable to parse file: C:DOCUME~1JEREMY~1.JERLOCALS~1Temp~DF4C09.tmp marking file as non-mp3

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - recent non mp3 file found: ~DF4C09.tmp - will continue to next file

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - file TFR2AD.tmp is not an mp3

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - recent non mp3 file found: TFR2AD.tmp - will continue to next file

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - file TFR2A7.tmp is not an mp3

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - recent non mp3 file found: TFR2A7.tmp - will continue to next file

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - file TFR2A4.tmp is not an mp3

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - recent non mp3 file found: TFR2A4.tmp - will continue to next file

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - file TFR2A1.tmp is not an mp3

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - recent non mp3 file found: TFR2A1.tmp - will continue to next file

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - file TFR29E.tmp is not an mp3

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - recent non mp3 file found: TFR29E.tmp - will continue to next file

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - file TFR29C.tmp is not an mp3

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - recent non mp3 file found: TFR29C.tmp - will continue to next file

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - file TFR29A.tmp is not an mp3

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - recent non mp3 file found: TFR29A.tmp - will continue to next file

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - file TFR299.tmp is not an mp3

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - recent non mp3 file found: TFR299.tmp - will continue to next file

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - file TMP257.tmp is not an mp3

DEBUG Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - file integrity check complete

INFO Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - copying file[C:DOCUME~1JEREMY~1.JERLOCALS~1Tempplugtmp5629189730459900669] to temp[C:DOCUME~1JEREMY~1.JERLOCALS~1TempplugtmppandorasJarTmpFile.mp3]

INFO Thread-2 servlet.ProcessAction - looking up ID3 tag info 4 [null|null]

INFO Thread-2 util.CddbLookUp - looking up data: SongInfo{album='null', artist='null', title='null', trackNumber='null', year='null', lable='null', genre='null', station='null'}

WARN Thread-2 servlet.ProcessAction - failed lookup -- no biggy: unable to fetch ID3 info - title and artist are required

WARN Thread-2 servlet.ProcessAction - unable to save img - albumImgLoc: null songInfo: SongInfo{album='null', artist='null', title='null', trackNumber='null', year='null', lable='null', genre='null', station='null'}

INFO Thread-2 util.Mp3Processor - adding ID3 tags: SongInfo{album='null', artist='null', title='null', trackNumber='null', year='null', lable='null', genre='null', station='null'}

DEBUG Thread-2 servlet.ProcessAction - cruise on - dealing with file manually

INFO Thread-2 servlet.ProcessAction - Moving current mp3 to folder

INFO Thread-2 util.Util - SongInfo{album='null', artist='null', title='null', trackNumber='null', year='null', lable='null', genre='null', station='null'}

INFO Thread-2 util.Util - Destination path: null

INFO Thread-2 server.Server - unable to rip MP3

java.lang.NullPointerException

at util.SafeString.getSafeFileName(SafeString.java:5)

at util.Util.createSongHierarchy(Util.java:125)

at util.Mp3Processor.saveMP3(Mp3Processor.java:252)

at servlet.ProcessAction.handleMP3Request(ProcessAction.java:87)

at server.Server.handleHTTPRequest(Server.java:110)

at server.Server.run(Server.java:83)

INFO Thread-2 server.Server - unable to rip MP3 null

I finally have it working although it took quite a lot of time and read many files. The key is not to upgrade to version 9 but you have to work around the request to update to latest Flash version.

Here is the key

Try this as a workaround. Keep your existing Flash version at 8 and load PJ in one tab. You will get the flash upgrade message. Right-click on the app and select "This Frame", then "Show only this frame" The application should then load. Hit the back button to return to PJ and everything should work. It actually takes about 3 tries to get it to work.

Important to realize that I still keep gettng the error that it cannot find the file, make sure you are running pandora in Firefox, but look in the MP3 folder in c:pandora and the files are there.

• 2 months later...

hot_firebird ...so where does this program stores the files? which is the download folder?

and about the PJ,i have flash 8 and still not working,i did that thing with mp3 countdown or something,changed it to 100 ..nothing ,same error,same message, that it cant find the file,make sure im using firefox..now..i have a question, i have mozilla 5.0 ..is that good or bad?

thanks

now i figured it out..so i have firefox 2 and i really have flash 8 ,i uninstalled flash 9 and reinstalled flash 8 ,when i double click a flash application it sias there its flash 8,i did modifiy that reg so i dont get the update message anymore,so everything its ok now but..still the same message..cant grab it...unable to find file,make sure etc..and all that ..so? did pandora just blocked the jar? or...its still something im missing here?