Share WiFi over Client Mode?

Exmix

So I made a post a while ago about me using USB Tethering, apparently that isn't really possible since my carrier doesn't support it from what I can find. So I am curious if I can add in a WiFi adapter, connect it to my phones hotspot, and share an internet connection to it that way. I can connect it to my phone as a client with wlan2 no problem, but honestly not sure the best way to get internet sharing to it.

28 minutes ago, Exmix said:

So I made a post a while ago about me using USB Tethering, apparently that isn't really possible since my carrier doesn't support it from what I can find. So I am curious if I can add in a WiFi adapter, connect it to my phones hotspot, and share an internet connection to it that way. I can connect it to my phone as a client with wlan2 no problem, but honestly not sure the best way to get internet sharing to it.

You might be able to get away with using a tethering app to bypass your carrier, I seem to remember something about this a while back. Its a long shot but maybe worth a try.

IIRC it sort of fools the phone into thinking its an app using data but passes it to the USB rather than use the android built in tether. Prob wrong but worth a look. EasyTether + others maybe.

2 hours ago, Just_a_User said:

You might be able to get away with using a tethering app to bypass your carrier, I seem to remember something about this a while back. Its a long shot but maybe worth a try.

IIRC it sort of fools the phone into thinking its an app using data but passes it to the USB rather than use the android built in tether. Prob wrong but worth a look. EasyTether + others maybe.

I'll have to take a look into these and give them a try. Thanks.

Ended up giving a few tethering apps a try and none of them worked for me. I got a hold of my carrier and they said that basically it doesn't work. None of their devices allow it. So i'm wondering if this is still possible or if this is basically going to be used from my laptop.

I suppose I could hotspot my phone, connect my laptop to the hotspot, and setup the pineapple through the laptop and work with that.

Archived