Can't connect Pineapple to Wifi from MAC

Pinapple

Having issues getting my pineapple to connect to the internet. Specifically, I can't get the bulletins to load.

I've already downloaded the firmware and upgraded. I have my Pineapple configured but I can't get the bulletins to load and it's telling me " Error connecting to WiFiPineapple.com Please check your connection. 

Any help appreciated. 

Thank you

• 1 month later...

If you are talking about not being able to connect your wlan2 card to your router through a mac I am having the same problems.

It seems more or less impossible to get it to work..

For me the problem is that the Pineapple will just "load" after I have entered a password for any available AP I control and it won't connect. Just "load" and then

go back to an empty password field and the connect button. No error msg or anything..

Having the same issues on a PC but at least I can get it to work through bridging it to the PC's network card. This option seems a bit

harder in OSX..

Does anyone have any experience with the wlan2 having problems connecting to wifi networks? What am I doing wrong?

17 minutes ago, KU_242 said:

Does anyone have any experience with the wlan2 having problems connecting to wifi networks? What am I doing wrong?

Just fired up my nano and checked on latest FW 2.5.4 its working well for me. connects, gets IP, disconnects, connects to another AP fine as well. Not sure what's up with yours.

On 3/19/2019 at 10:33 PM, Pinapple said:

Any help appreciated. 

You need to provide internet to your pineapple using one of the various methods  https://docs.hak5.org/hc/en-us/articles/360010555313-Setup-Basics

37 minutes ago, Just_a_User said:

Just fired up my nano and checked on latest FW 2.5.4 its working well for me. connects, gets IP, disconnects, connects to another AP fine as well. Not sure what's up with yours.

That's really weird.. I have tried to connect to my phone as a hotspot, to a netgear router, to an apple router and everything in between.. Have done a reset of the router, factory firmware reset and a firmware update. The funny thing is I don't get any messages saying "incorrect password" or the likes. It just won't connect.

1 hour ago, KU_242 said:

The funny thing is I don't get any messages saying "incorrect password" or the likes. It just won't connect.

Have you tried changing the router's encryption, channel, password just to rule them out. Like it might connect to a wep and wpa but not wpa2 or maybe CCMP but not TKIP, Or maybe channel width HT20 or HT40 etc.

Does the usb radio work on another device? what's the chipset of the wlan2 radio?

Cant think of much else to suggest. Normally a firmware recovery sorts everything for me if things get janky.

I think I am onto something.. I have Japanese characters in my wifi names. Maaaybe it just doesn't like to connect to these. Tried to connect to the pineapples own open network and that worked fine with the wlan2 module. Will get around to changing the name today and post any progress.

On 5/4/2019 at 10:20 AM, KU_242 said:

I think I am onto something.. I have Japanese characters in my wifi names. Maaaybe it just doesn't like to connect to these. Tried to connect to the pineapples own open network and that worked fine with the wlan2 module. Will get around to changing the name today and post any progress.

Problem solved.

As I suspected, the Pineapple Nano won't connect to networks written in Japanese/Chinese characters. Once changed it connected with same password wo any problems.

7 hours ago, KU_242 said:

As I suspected, the Pineapple Nano won't connect to networks written in Japanese/Chinese characters. Once changed it connected with same password wo any problems.

That's good to know, i think I have seen Chinese SSID's on my recon scans though, so seems strange that the pineapple cant manage it for client mode. Still, one to remember. Thanks for sharing the info.

Archived