ANT500 Tension

akmartinez

I recently received my RF HACKING FIELD KIT and I'm using the ANT500 with the HackRF.

The antenna screws onto the HackRF and the screw connection is snug but the antenna point of connection is loose.  The antenna swivels and falls to the table and I'm not sure how to tighten it to keep it standing up.  This is not the screw or attachment point with the philips screw, this is something under the black cone.

Has anyone else had this problem and is there a solution?  If not I might have to keep a couple of LEGO pieces in my field kit to create a little stand to keep the antenna upright.

1 hour ago, akmartinez said:

I recently received my RF HACKING FIELD KIT and I'm using the ANT500 with the HackRF.

The antenna screws onto the HackRF and the screw connection is snug but the antenna point of connection is loose.  The antenna swivels and falls to the table and I'm not sure how to tighten it to keep it standing up.  This is not the screw or attachment point with the philips screw, this is something under the black cone.

Has anyone else had this problem and is there a solution?  If not I might have to keep a couple of LEGO pieces in my field kit to create a little stand to keep the antenna upright.

its missing a small spring. i lost mine opening it up first day i got it and havent been able to use again. I now mostly use tuned frequency antennas depending on what im doing.

Where is this spring supposed to be?  I can't figure out how to get the black cone off to see if I can find a solution to this problem.  I removed the screw that holds the antenna to the base but that's as much as I could disassemble without totally destroying the base.  I attempted to use a couple of plyers to see if I can twise the cone off but no go... 

I ordered an antenna package from amazon, and I hope it works out.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073JWDXMG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Not exactly portable compared to the ANT500 but should still work and it was cheap at $15.  This might be suitable for the HackRF but might be a little awkward for the YARD Stick that came with the kit.

What antenna(s) would you recommend?  Hopefully something that will fit in the field kit wrap.

15 hours ago, akmartinez said:

Where is this spring supposed to be?  I can't figure out how to get the black cone off to see if I can find a solution to this problem. 

Strange mine unscrewed pretty easy. From what i can tell, the spring sat between the black and silver portion. I only had half a second of looking at it before the spring had gone. But the antenna supported itself before spring and did not after so im assuming the same thing for you. It may however be something entirely different.