USB/wlan2 gone?

DoJo_Mast3r

Just noticed that my usb port on my nano is not working at all, no wlan2 shows up. I've tried multiple different usb's including a usb led however it seems the port is not working correctly. Could this be software? I reset the pineapple to factory firmware, could the port have burned out? Is replacing the usb port by hand fairly straight forward? I haven't seen any info online about taking apart a wifi pineapple nano, also If I do replace the port could it be possible to upgrade it to usb 3.0?

2 hours ago, DoJo_Mast3r said:

Could this be software?

Yes, most likely built in driver... or lack of. It depends on which device you are using as WLAN2. if you check with dmesg after plugging in you may get more clues as to whats going on.

2 hours ago, DoJo_Mast3r said:

could the port have burned out?

IIRC it can supply about 500mA so as long as you havent drawn higher than this for any length of time yoiu should be fine.

12 hours ago, Just_a_User said:

Yes, most likely built in driver... or lack of. It depends on which device you are using as WLAN2. if you check with dmesg after plugging in you may get more clues as to whats going on.

IIRC it can supply about 500mA so as long as you havent drawn higher than this for any length of time yoiu should be fine.

The reason why Im not thinking its a driver issue is that plugging in any other usb is also not working. Ill check dmesg however

Archived