Found 4 bugs with in the latest firmware

Spycial

I were just normally using my nano and installing softwares with opkg

1. noticed if i installed like screen to my sd card "screen" command will be not found. When i install it to root it will work.

2. When opkg software is installed to sd card this message shows up:

grep: /usr/lib/opkg/info/kismet-client.control: No such file or directory
cat: can't open '/usr/lib/opkg/info/kismet-client.list': No such file or directory

I know fix for that it is just when --dest sd parameter is used grep /sd/usr/lib/opkg/info/kismet-client.control

3. The client network can log into ssh and web interface.

4.When running kismet_server i got error:

kismet_server: can't load library 'libpcap.so.1.3'

But libpcap 1.9.0-1 is installed.

I hope you guys will fix these.

Thank you for the feedback! I took a look at the issues you mentioned, I'll address them in the same order you gave them.

10 hours ago, Spycial said:

1. noticed if i installed like screen to my sd card "screen" command will be not found. When i install it to root it will work.

This has been fixed and will be released in the next firmware version. It was due to the PATH missing a couple of useful directories. You can fix this until the next firmware yourself by executing the following:

PATH=$PATH:/sd/usr/sbin:/sd/usr/bin

2. When opkg software is installed to sd card this message shows up

The errors that are output from the opkg command are okay, and don't affect the installation or use of the package you wish to install.

3. The client network can log into ssh and web interface.

This isn't a bug but just the way the network on the Pineapple is configured. You need the password to access both SSH and the Web Interface. We're looking to split the networks in the future to avoid this.

4.When running kismet_server i got error about libpcap. (kismet_server: can't load library 'libpcap.so.1.3')

You can fix this yourself until an update is released that fixes the library mismatch by executing the following:

ln -s /usr/lib/libpcap.so.1 /usr/lib/libpcap.so.1.3

On 10/31/2018 at 1:52 AM, Foxtrot said:

Thank you for the feedback! I took a look at the issues you mentioned, I'll address them in the same order you gave them.

This has been fixed and will be released in the next firmware version. It was due to the PATH missing a couple of useful directories. You can fix this until the next firmware yourself by executing the following:

The errors that are output from the opkg command are okay, and don't affect the installation or use of the package you wish to install.

This isn't a bug but just the way the network on the Pineapple is configured. You need the password to access both SSH and the Web Interface. We're looking to split the networks in the future to avoid this.

You can fix this yourself until an update is released that fixes the library mismatch by executing the following:

Thanks.

On 10/31/2018 at 1:52 AM, Foxtrot said:

I did run to another problem:

kismet_server: can't load library 'libcap.so.2'

Archived