Trouble Shooting Power trouble

Employee

Well I was switching cases (new case http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16811208009 ) today when I was done I took a beak for a minute came back and hit the on button and nothing happend than I looked though the case to make sure evertyhing was secure and properly put in. It was. I then checked the power strip to make sure it worked it did. I checked the power cord and power Supply to see if it worked it did. Now I have put it to the mother board, I don't really want to have to buy a new one but worst comes to worst I do.. So what do you think? And if I do buy a new mobo I will want to switch up my cooling, cooling is something I really dont understand I'm gonna go research it and if anyone has insight on what kind of system i should use to cool it any insight is great. :lol:

Thanks and Happy Holidays (late)

Hate to say it, but that new case... Let's just say it's not my thing.

As for the machine not coming on, did fans and harddisks begin to spin up? It might just simply be the on switch.

Take off the on-off switch connector on the MoBo, and manually connect the two pins briefly. Use a screwdriver or something. See if it turns on.

If that doesn't work and the machine is still not doing anything, unplug that big plug from the MoBo, find the point in the plug that the green wire goes to, and using a piece of wire connect that green wire to any of the black ones. The PSU should come on. If not, there's your dead item.

If everything does begin to spin up but the machine's not doing anything, it's either CPU or MoBo. Bring it (back to) a shop and let them have a look at it, or try replacing either if you can afford it or have either of the parts around as spares.

Take everything out of the case, reasemble the mobo, ram, cpu & gpu, then see if it will boot. If it does, put it back in the case, (just the above) and try again. If this works, keep adding bits until it gives you a problem. If not, its officially One Of Those Things. Also, you may need to spray paint the case beige if you want windows to boot.