Ducky cant type Special Keys like GUI

I seem to be having issues with my rubber ducky. I used the ducky-flasher utility to flash my ducky to the twin duck, then back to the original firmware. I have a basic script to test and I am not getting anything.

but I am not even getting the windows menu on any of the three computers I have tried. Am I missing something? I have tried an online encoder as well as my encoder on my laptop with a US keyboard but nothing. It is saved as inject.bin and put on the root directory of the drive.

Here is the script I am trying that is not working. I have replaced "CONTROL ESCAPE" with "GUI" and "WINDOWS" to no avail

DELAY 3000

CONTROL ESCAPE

DELAY 500

STRING Notepad

DELAY 200

ENTER

DELAY 2000

STRING TEST

DELAY 200

ENTER

1 hour ago, Broti said:

Try GUI r instead if you want to get the "Run" dialog ;)

CONTROL ESCAPE only opens the start menu. 

I have tried that, but I can't even get the start menu. I had notepad open and plugged in the ducky and got "eNotepad" then "test".. it types strings and enter correctly, but I can't get the start menu or run dialog at all

That's kinda strange. What version of Windows do you have and could you test the attached inject.bin?

DELAY 3000
GUI r
DELAY 500
STRING notepad.exe
ENTER
DELAY 500
STRING Hello World
ENTER
REPEAT 2

inject.bin

Edited by Broti
Added .bin file

14 hours ago, Broti said:

That's kinda strange. What version of Windows do you have and could you test the attached inject.bin?

DELAY 3000
GUI r
DELAY 500
STRING notepad.exe
ENTER
DELAY 500
STRING Hello World
ENTER
REPEAT 2

inject.bin

It is Windows 10 build 1709. 

Your inject.bin worked. It opened the run box, then notepad, then typed "Hello World" and then put 3 new lines. 

I think part of my problem was that I was probably putting "GUI R" not "GUI r"

I still dont know why "WINDOWS" or "GUI" or "CONTROL ESCAPE" doesnt bring up the windows menu, but that is just a small issue. Im sure as I learn more I'll figure something out.

Thanks guys!!

17 hours ago, Wanderingnut said:

I still dont know why "WINDOWS" or "GUI" or "CONTROL ESCAPE" doesnt bring up the windows menu, but that is just a small issue.

The Ducky Script 101 can answer that question: https://www.hak5.org/gear/duck/ducky-script-usb-rubber-ducky-101

GUI/WINDOWS simulates a hold key. So CONTROL ESCAPE is the right choice for start menu.

Edited by Broti

11 hours ago, Broti said:

The Ducky Script 101 can answer that question: https://www.hak5.org/gear/duck/ducky-script-usb-rubber-ducky-101

GUI/WINDOWS simulates a hold key. So CONTROL ESCAPE is the right choice for start menu.

Its been a while since I read the book, but that makes a lot of sense! but yes, CTRL ESCAPE does bring it up. I guess I need to go read the book again :P