Multiple VPN encapsulation question

Forkish

I like the idea of mulitiple vpns. Tell me if I’m understanding this.

Extreme example:

If I daisychain 5 subnet routers to use VPNs connecting to different servers (maybe using different protocols), would all connections made to a subnetted router come out of the tunnel at the server specified by that specific router’s vpn?

Would then all connection made to any router after the assigned gateway would create the layers of the encapsulation and any traversed gateways would be the increasingly obfuscated/encrypted stream? e.g. I’m connected to the innermost VPNed AP with my ipad, running a system level vpn to a netflix friendly server. Netflix thinks I’m where my says I am even though the data has gone through 5 vpn gateway/servers.

You can chain as much as you like - simplest way to do this is to ssh from local to remote 1 to remote 2 to remote 3 to remote 4....... If you spin up 10 VPSs you could do this in seconds. 

Bear in mind though that if you're using a mix of protocols that TCP over TCP will cause you a big headache unless the machines are all colo. 

8 hours ago, Eyebot said:

Bear in mind though that if you're using a mix of protocols that TCP over TCP will cause you a big headache unless the machines are all colo. 

So you would want all the vpns to use the same protocol and the user to use a different protocol or the same?

colo?

It's going to be slow as shit.  Every vpn connection will add some extra overhead to the data stream.  If all you're doing is some command line-fu, it's not that big a deal, streaming is probably going to be a no-go, unless your vpn's are all over some really fat pipes, with some really skookum hardware for the vpn servers.

Edited by barry99705