Wifi Lockout on Management AP

TheFountain

I'm using the Nano Tactical, means I use it with a power bar independently from my PC. That's why I need access through the management AP of the Nano.

What happened seems strange to me: after some time (around 1-2 hours of operation) I am losing the Wifi connection to the Nano. When I try to reconnect it refuses. Now I reboot the Nano by interrupting the power supply. The wifi comes up, I see the management SSID, I try to connect, but no way. The interim solution is factory reset of the Nano. That's the only way to be able again connecting via wifi. 

I was facing this situatiuon several times now, but I have no idea what's the reason. Does anyone have made similar experiences?

If you mean "PineAP-Filters I set in the Recon-Tab", then yes.

Other filters: no (or "not intentionally").

Not many filters, only 2-3 client macs.

In the first run I had a lot of modules loaded on the Nano and I thought, the lockout is a reaction of memory overload or so because I have no SD installed. So I reset the Nano to  factory default.

But the next lockout came, even without a single module installed.

If your filters are set to "Allow", this will only allow devices in that list to connect. It's also persistent. 

Unfortunately due to a bug, the management AP and the rogue ap currently share the same filter rules, so you would have to add your MAC to the filters too. 

• Like 1