Does the Bash Bunny have wifi?

tad4shi

Hi,

I saw one of Shannon's podcasts and Darren said that the Bash Bunny is Debian, so you can "sudo apt-get install whatever you want".

Is this true? Does the Bash Bunny have wifi? Because in the release video they didn't say anything about the Bunny having built-in wifi, nor does the product page.

If it doesn't, can you share the internet connection from my computer to the Bunny?

Thanks!

It doesn't have the hardware to support WiFi (no WiFi card), but you could potentially WiFi boost it by plugging it into a router (ethernet to USB adapter, Bunny plugged in and the router could WiFi boost the Bunny? - just a theory, not been tested by anyone I know of).

Basically even if you install a WiFi package it still wouldn't work because it doesn't have a WiFi card or any other WiFi hardware. It only supports LAN.

Sorry, no taking over a WiFi network with payloads today :(

If you want to do some WiFi pentesting I would recommend the Pineapple range. However they aren't like the Bash Bunny, as they are made to be pentesting routers, whereas the Bunny is a HID/Network/USB Storage device known as a Linux Gadget.

Edited by Dave-ee Jones