USB Rubber ducky issue

Chrome

I just got my rubber ducky today, and upon plugging the sd card + reader in, there were no files on it (I heard there were supposed to be 2, a readme and inject.bin) and the drive was formatted as FAT, which I then reformated to FAT32. 

Afterwards, I loaded a script onto it, and upon plugging the rubber ducky in it shows a red LED, and doesn't do anything. In order to get it working, I have to first plug it in, get the red LED, and the unplug/replug it and then it finally loads the script. I'd assume this isn't normal, but has anyone else had this issue?

On 06/07/2017 at 1:32 AM, Chrome said:

I just got my rubber ducky today, and upon plugging the sd card + reader in, there were no files on it (I heard there were supposed to be 2, a readme and inject.bin) and the drive was formatted as FAT, which I then reformated to FAT32. 

Afterwards, I loaded a script onto it, and upon plugging the rubber ducky in it shows a red LED, and doesn't do anything. In order to get it working, I have to first plug it in, get the red LED, and the unplug/replug it and then it finally loads the script. I'd assume this isn't normal, but has anyone else had this issue?

I'm no expert, but I believe that when you plug in the Rubber Ducky, it needs to be able to find the 'inject.bin' file. If it does, you should get a GREEN, pulsing LED. A RED means that the 'inject.bin' is either missing or invalid. That's my understanding, but I'm sure that if I'm wrong, someone will post a correction.

b.t.w, I'm using the Rubber Ducky2. ;)

If the drivers for the ducky are not installed on the system then the PC will get drivers and install them.  That being said, you can change the VID and PID and it will change what drivers the PC looks for to install.  After drivers are installed it should work right away, as long as the inject.bin is good.