PineAP interface differs from videos and behaviour questions

I just started with my new Nano v6. I appear to be stalling on what seem quite simple points. Just a little clarification would set me on my way!

A few questions:
1)  my PineAP Web interface looks different from that shown in your tutorials in certain ways. I am, by the way, using Kali as my OS.
    In particular, a) under Configuration, I have a switch enabling or disabling the PineAP daemon, not a little check box as shown;
                   b) under RECON, I do not have separate check boxes for AP  and AP and Clients
                   c) under Networking, I do not have a Disconnect button in the WiFi Client mode section
2)  I understand that using WiFi Client mode disables the PineAP options, so I am trying not to use it but,
    there appears to be a choice (wlan0mon) in the box and I cannot make it go away. I haven't pressed Scan
    so, does that mean that I am not running in WiFiClient mode? How else can I tell if I am in that mode or not?
3)  In your video, after you did a recon scan and added resulting clients into the PineAP Filter, those clients
    appeared listed in the filters section. That doesn't happen for me, nothing appears as filtered even when
    successfuly added. I can't see how I am missing a step but maybe I am?
4)  When I initially setup up the pineapple, I named the Management AP but now I realize I should have named it
    somewhat differently. How can I change it? I tried in the Networking tab but it isn't persistent.
5)  LAST question Should a miniSD have come with the Nano or should I be picking one up somewhere,..
Thank you thank for all and any support

1) The interface can change by releases... read the change logs for more information.

2) I think you mean wlan1mon? wlan1mon is the radio used by PineAP when its active. If you want to use the radio for client mode, SSH in and do "airmon-ng stop wlan1mon"

3) ?? Not sure what you mean, more information please.

4) It should be persistent. Try looking at your /etc/networking/wireless.

5) You need to buy one separately. 

Thanks for the response!

1) ok, I've got the logs and I'll read through them, thx

2) you are right, I did mean wlan1mon. The fact that it is showing up should indicate that it is in use which then means that PineAP is using it which means WiFiClient mode is not connected,...  Good, that what I wanted to know.

3) in Wifi Pineapple Primer  -- from recon to PineAp   available at https://wifipineapple.com/pages/faq  at about minute 7.02, the Filtering tab has a box called Client Filtering which shows the MAC addresses that were just previously added to the PineAP Filtering list under the Recon screen. This is where you either Allow or Deny access to the Pineapple. When I do this, none of the MAC addresses that I add to the PineAP Filter list in the Recon screen seem to make the journey over to the Client Filtering list. I feel like I am missing a step,....

4) I do not have a /etc/networking/ subdirectory neither on my laptop nor when I ssh into the pineapple. In the laptop I have /etc/network   but there is no file named wireless there. I've been looking around but I don't seem to find it anywhere. I am running kali, rolling

5) I'll pick up a miniSD next time I am in a shop