Replace my Marv5 for Nano Tetra

knowledgeguy

If the mark v works for you, stick with it. The tetra is nice cause it's got the latest hardware as the mark v is from 2013. Also having the 5ghz band is nice to have. 

I would say if you have the cash to burn the tetra sounds like a great upgrade. But from what I gather about hak5, the mark v will have continued support and stay relevant. 

This is just a personal suggestion on the bit of research I've done when I saw a mark v for sale. I however went with the nano for portability. 

2 hours ago, SuperFastYo said:

If the mark v works for you, stick with it. The tetra is nice cause it's got the latest hardware as the mark v is from 2013. Also having the 5ghz band is nice to have. 

The TETRA is much improved hardware, with a faster SoC, 2GB built in storage, and two much powerful dualband radios. The MK5 can be compared to the NANO far more than the TETRA.

But from what I gather about hak5, the mark v will have continued support and stay relevant. 

This is partly true. We will trickle down updates to the current MKV 3.0.0 beta firmware (when there is time), but it will not be getting any more updates on the older firmwares.

On 8/24/2016 at 4:18 AM, MDNegan said:

More hardware is always better,But saying that if i had to pick ,without knowing your needs etc,and as your asking here,means you have a itch for something,so wont give you the if it works dont mess with it speech,I would go for the nano. 

Running the nano right now. Love it, and it's cheap(ish). 

On 8/26/2016 at 7:42 PM, SuperFastYo said:

Running the nano right now. Love it, and it's cheap(ish). 

Yea i am very happy with it,in fact just upgraded to tetra,as i wanted fixed unit too,been modifying for a long range using power beam ,the tetra is more suited for it,n the nano will go to a portable project i have in mind.