Nano - Inconsistent Module Behavior

Alam

Hi Everyone, I am trying to put together a demo with pineapple nano using three modules (DWall, RandomRoll, Evil Portal). I noticed that these modules don’t work consistently. This issue is very easy to reproduce. Try using all three modules starting with DWall, then RandomRool, and Evil Portal at the end. During the first iteration most likely all three modules would work. But try a second iteration and you will find that only DWall works and the remaining two modules fail to work. Is anybody else experiencing this? Thanks in advance for any ideas/pointers on resolving this!

36 minutes ago, Alam said:

Hi Everyone, I am trying to put together a demo with pineapple nano using three modules (DWall, RandomRoll, Evil Portal). I noticed that these modules don’t work consistently. This issue is very easy to reproduce. Try using all three modules starting with DWall, then RandomRool, and Evil Portal at the end. During the first iteration most likely all three modules would work. But try a second iteration and you will find that only DWall works and the remaining two modules fail to work. Is anybody else experiencing this? Thanks in advance for any ideas/pointers on resolving this!

Randomroll and Evilportal are not compatible. They both modify iptables and can cause issues if run together. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the clarification! I actually used one module at a time leaving the other modules disabled and still encountered this issue. Getting much consistent result by restarting the firewall each time. Much appreciate the prompt help!

9 hours ago, Alam said:

Thanks for the clarification! I actually used one module at a time leaving the other modules disabled and still encountered this issue. Getting much consistent result by restarting the firewall each time. Much appreciate the prompt help!

Sounds like they don't clean up their iptable rules correctly.

• Upvote 1