Nano freezes after 1h 30m of up time

Archer322

So I'm having a problem I've never encountered before with my nano for the first hour and 29 minutes everything works perfectly but as soon as the 30 minute mark hits without fail the nano locks up first wlan1 goes down and the entire interface stops responding then wlan0 goes down and the indicator light goes a pale green and I've tried a soft and hard reset and the hard reset works... until that 1 hour and 30 minutes of up time and the problem repeats if anyone has any ideas as to what might be the problem i could use a little help 

On 5/29/2016 at 10:43 PM, Archer322 said:

So I'm having a problem I've never encountered before with my nano for the first hour and 29 minutes everything works perfectly but as soon as the 30 minute mark hits without fail the nano locks up first wlan1 goes down and the entire interface stops responding then wlan0 goes down and the indicator light goes a pale green and I've tried a soft and hard reset and the hard reset works... until that 1 hour and 30 minutes of up time and the problem repeats if anyone has any ideas as to what might be the problem i could use a little help 

What modules do you have installed?  It seems that perhaps you have a sub process that is running it out of memory.  You could SSH into it and take a look at the running processes to see if there is anything that stands out.

Or maybe an easier test may be to flash the thing all together. Check out Darren's post:

You were absolutely right i reflashed and reformatted the sd card and it's working fine now i installed the ap locator module (i can't remember what it's called atm) to the sd card and for some reason it was eating up memory like crazy after the wipe the module is working normally again though

1 hour ago, Archer322 said:

You were absolutely right i reflashed and reformatted the sd card and it's working fine now i installed the ap locator module (i can't remember what it's called atm) to the sd card and for some reason it was eating up memory like crazy after the wipe the module is working normally again though

Awesome!

• 2 weeks later...

There was a few times my pnpl was like that. After messing around with the features the hardware limits are very easy to spot. You can get the pnpl doing some multi-tasking but you should be careful putting too much on the nano. 

It's under that higher load that there seems to be situations of "the straw that broke the camels back" and weird things may occur.

I've not tried the tetra yet but I imagine for a lot of things that is the better device to develop on. More meat and potatoes included in that package. 

Good luck