LED resitor help

Kateweb

I nead a little hellp or a point in the right direction as to the size resistor that I will nead for an LED project that I would like to try and do. I want to light up my bike helmet with about 20 of the blue 6000mcd in parallel; I belive a 9vt battary sould be enof for my aplication. I am planing on makeing look like a mesh of lights so my head can bee seen and tucking the battary in one of the air groves and scruring it with a bit of electrical tape. What i nead a little help with is how do I caculate the resitor that I will nead? Will 1 (vt be enof for ! hour a day usage ( basicly ridng home from my evaning classes) ? what are some good train resoures for this topic9 google was driving me a little batty tho I have found some helpfull info)?

Im not sure if this will help or not as Im not very familiar with LED's, however this link was mentioned in the Ep that Wess made the liquor cabinet.

yes something very helpfull but i deserve to be called a n00b on this one becuse I don't know what the forward voltage or current neads to be , I know how to follow directions for doing this simmalr to the cabnit but not how to create from sarch just yet. but thanks for the link I found a few helpfull things.

Here is a simple schamtic:

9v+ ------------////------------+----+----+--- to more leds

.......................................|.....|.....|

......................................./.../...../.......LED's

......................................---..---....---

......................................./.../...../

GND ------------------------------+---+------+-------------

Because you will be setting your resistors up in || (parallel), one 9 volt battery will suffice to provide enough power. Also, the more LEDs you have in ||, the smaller your current will be.

Given the relative cheapness of resistors, I would recommend setting up a 1000 Ohm resistor in series with the 20 LEDs that will be in ||. A resistor with less Ohms will allow the LEDs to shine brighter, but will burn out the LEDs quicker and drain the battery faster.

Here is a simple schamtic:

9v+ ------------////------------+----+----+--- to more leds

......................................./.../...../.......LED's

......................................./.../...../

GND ------------------------------+---+------+-------------

ok for the most Part I understand the Schamtic, Are the small line the negitive? And any idaias on how to grond something i'm wareing on my head?

ok I will order my bag of LED's and get my self some wire Im thinking 16 Gadge copper, and make up a prototype it will probly be a week be for any thing gets hear but , but I'll keep you guys updated. I so nead to learn all this electronics stuff.