Linux Help

Brennan

You might also want to check out a live version of Linux

Alot of live Distros let you install after you have them booted (if you want to).

Just recently have I moved into the world of using Gentoo, and I am a pretty seasoned vet at Unix/BSD/Solaris/Linux systems. I would not advise it.

Also you might want to try not just Ubuntu, but KUbuntu, seeing as the KDE+ interface seems to be easier to learn for newbs. Personally I would recommend you go out and buy O`Reilly's Running Linux, and read it cover to cover, so you understand Linux as an OS, not just as a different GUI with a interesting terminal (bash or ctsk).

Ubuntu, is built on Debian.... Thus what works on Debian will work on Ubuntu.

I know for a fact I have seen Asterisk boxes with digium cards running on Ubuntu... although honostly, Asterisk is pretty useless, just buy some time from a VoIP provider and do what ever you were going todo that way. It is alot easier.

The iSO you need has x86 somewhere in the name.

Thanks

Ubuntu, is built on Debian.... Thus what works on Debian will work on Ubuntu.

I know for a fact I have seen Asterisk boxes with digium cards running on Ubuntu... although honostly, Asterisk is pretty useless, just buy some time from a VoIP provider and do what ever you were going todo that way. It is alot easier.

Thanks, but the reason why I am going with asterisk is I want to save money and I am going to be saving at lest $10 a month on going with this instead of buying a second phone line and later on if I switch to VOIP I will be saving money by getting free incoming calls and very cheap outgoing