Netcat with meterpreter

Rainman_34

I am currently doing an online pentest lab/course. The instructions say to use netcat to receive the meterpreter shell. When I try netcat if I get anything at all it is usually come woerd symbles and then the connection and listener are dropped. When I run metasploit listener I have never got anything back. So my question is can netcat receive a meterpreter shell amd I am doing something wrong or can netcat not interpret what it is receiving which is why my connection is closed?

I never tried. But if your instructed to do so. I would assume it works fine.

I have netcat on all my machines, first learn netcat basics. Try and have 2 machines connect and communicate. Send files threw the pipe. Maybe try a quick webserver... LEARN THE BASICS...

follow all the tutorials you can find with netcat. Would be worth writing a tutorial and make it sticky...

If 2 machines can connect with netcat, then so will meterpreter , always test your connection s with netcat first to know for sure there is nothing blocking the connection.

I have a pretty good understanding of netcat. Unfortunately since it is a lab andI have not rooted the machine yet I cant run netcat to test my connection. Supposedly based on the writeup the machine clicks links that are emailed to it. So I should be able to send it a java applet with a meterpreter shell in it and the machine will connect back to me by clicking my hosted java certificate.

Try some of those client side attacks, smb Windows file share exploits... try sending a pdf attachment or mp3

Internet explorer I would guess. Grab the user-agent of the machine. ..

How can I unroll into this class... my Brian is automating the email exploit process...

Edited by i8igmac