firmware upgrade instructions ?

yeskaa

i read something in a post about pushing the reset button . a search on this pulls nothing else for me

i ask because im having problems upgrading

Im on 1.0.1

im logging into pineapple and trying to perform upgrade but it never downloads . "please wait while fw is downloading" ...thats it.

what am i missing.

sure theres manual upgrade, ... but for convenience sake and curious, whats up with the upgrade option not working, for me atleast

is it something i dont know because this is my first pineapple. well maybe not my first, i have a water down version on a lil tp link router

:mellow:

• 4 months later...

I got that working.. for anyone with this problem trying to go to the broken link above... You have to hold down reset button while plugging it into say kali for 10 seconds the blue light will go solid almost immediately rather then flickering during startup... Then set an ip address and netmask like 192.168.1.2 255.255.255.0 ..   Once thats all set go to the webpage on 192.168.1.1    Not the1.2 that you just set!!    Then you can upload whatever firmware you want like when you set up the device, just make sure you go and download the newest firmware from the site...

Figured I should post this manual method since the link above was broken and it took me forever to figure out, hope it helps someone.