Long Range WiFi Booster

WiFiJuice

Hi, my Wifi Long Range Booster from the Hakshop doesn't work. I get a better strength using Wifite and Alfa wireless card without the long range WiFi booster. The RX and Power LED are lighten up, the TX is off. There is an option "--tx TX" on Wifite. Do I have to specify the strenght for it to work? I tried the command "wifite --mac --tx 30" but it still doesn't work. Is it broken or do I have to do anything else?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 3/12/2016 at 6:16 AM, ale said:

So you're getting no improvements at all? and btw it's a plug and play kit, nothing to configure.

look at the picture before you judge. reducing line attenuation is your best best when it comes to stepping up your wifi performance.

ques.jpg

almost all of your wifi received will die before it reaches the booster with a long line run, when you can re amplify your radio for such a long run, for ever meter of wire you add a certain number of ohms and this means voltage and amperage reduction, enough to change a binary 1 to a binary 0, so capturing your source right at the antenna is the best bet, its almost like having the alfa usb right at the antenna and with a 800 mW boost to the transmit !

i have not fully confimed but just the fact that the RX light does light up does sort of confirm that the radio is being boosted downstream as well as upstream from the Long Range WIFI Booster, I emailed hak5 and got no real response, however i believe this is right. for a microchip inside to waste 200mA in such a small enclosure is almost nuts, im guessing 150 mW is going to the USB on any recieve and 50 mW are going to the little LED , you might as well median all these numbers to account whatever the booster driver/transistor set is doing

It doesn't matter what wattage the original radio is, the booster isn't adding that to it's output, it's going to output whatever it's rated for.  You're going to be losing most of your signal with that long ass coax cable, unless it's something like lmr-400 or larger, then it's just going to look ridiculous.  The best way to get it to do what you want is to get a long amplified usb cable and put your radio and amp at the end, throw away the coax...   I'm not 100% sure the cable will power the radio and amp though.  Might need to figure out a way to get power wherever they are mounted.