DNS/ICS Problem

Bpeezy

I got my pineapple yesterday and I apologize for my noobyness, so I've been trying for a while but can't get ics to work. I'm on Windows 10, using pineapple version 1.0.5, and I've followed all the instructions in the setup video. The pineapple still won't get out to the Web. My computer is set to 172.16.42.42 and the routing table looks good, when I try to update the pineapple bulletin it shows the loading pineapple for a really long time then fails, before I had Internet sharing setup like the tutorial showed the routing table didn't show the 172.16.42.42 step and the bulletin test failed much more quickly. I think the problem is some kind of dns issue. When I force my phone to connect to the open part wifi and then try to browse I get dns failures. The pineapple won't even serve the landing page to my phone once I've got it as a client. Some advice as to what I should do next to troubleshoot the issue would be awesome. Thanks all!

The command output is below the line for formatting. Everything worked, I can ping www.google.com. But I cant get to the bulletins.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
root@Pineapple:~# route
Kernel IP routing table
Destination Gateway Genmask Flags Metric Ref Use Iface
default 172.16.42.42 0.0.0.0 UG 0 0 0 br-lan
172.16.42.0 * 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 br-lan
root@Pineapple:~# ping -c1 8.8.8.8
PING 8.8.8.8 (8.8.8.8): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: seq=0 ttl=40 time=19.018 ms
--- 8.8.8.8 ping statistics ---
1 packets transmitted, 1 packets received, 0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max = 19.018/19.018/19.018 ms
root@Pineapple:~# ping -c1 www.google.com
PING www.google.com (74.125.226.81): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 74.125.226.81: seq=0 ttl=50 time=4.764 ms
--- www.google.com ping statistics ---
1 packets transmitted, 1 packets received, 0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max = 4.764/4.764/4.764 ms

So, bpeezy's issue was his Anti-Virus, not his ICS rules (Posting for him as he cannot post more today).

Another user had an issue with Windows 10 ICS though, so I made an imgur album of the steps that work here, incase anyone needs them in the future.

Thanks to pelijr in the IRC for helping :)