Access nodes on client site with OpenVPN Access Server

deo406

This might be a simple question to others but I have yet to figure this out.

My goal is to be able to do the same thing that Darren was doing with the LAN Turtle on 'Episode 1824 – Introducing the LAN Turtle' but using the Wifi Pineapple instead.

Right now, I want to be able to access all of my clients connected to my pineapple by using another device offsite connected by the vpn.

The vpn is working on both ends but the only thing I was able to access was the pineapple device only, using the default ip address of 172.16.42.1, when when I try to connect to another device connected to the pineapple by using the vpn, I don't get any response. Also by using Fing on my tablet, the only device that would come up pinging 172.16.42.0/24 would be the pineapple only (172.16.42.1).

post-48184-0-48735800-1440204708_thumb.p

post-48184-0-41186700-1440204709_thumb.p

post-48184-0-82158700-1440204935_thumb.p

I am having the same issue. Seems like a limitation of layer 3 perhaps. I can see all the wired connections though my vpn client gateway but none of the wireless. This weekend I will add a usb ethernet adapter to my raspberry pi (that is what is running openvpn client gateway to my VPS) and run layer 2 over a bridge.