DIP Switch Configuration

My apologies if this has been asked before, I did search the forums but did not find anything relevant.

Any ways, I just got a MK5 and one of the first things I noticed is the DIP Switch Configuration panel. Namely, the number of possible configurations

Why is it only 7? It seems to me that there could be 8?

0 -> 0 0 0
2 -> 0 1 0
3 -> 0 1 1
4 -> 1 0 0
5 -> 1 0 1
6 -> 1 1 0
7 -> 1 1 1

Anyone with a basic understanding of binary would notice that 1 - > 0 0 1 is not available? Is this reserved for something else?

My apologies if this has been asked before, I did search the forums but did not find anything relevant.

Any ways, I just got a MK5 and one of the first things I noticed is the DIP Switch Configuration panel. Namely, the number of possible configurations

Why is it only 7? It seems to me that there could be 8?

0 -> 0 0 0
2 -> 0 1 0
3 -> 0 1 1
4 -> 1 0 0
5 -> 1 0 1
6 -> 1 1 0
7 -> 1 1 1

Anyone with a basic understanding of binary would notice that 1 - > 0 0 1 is not available? Is this reserved for something else?

This combination is reserved to restore your WiFi Pineapple back to defaults.

As Oli said, further information on this can be found in the small booklet that you should have received with your WiFi Pineapple MKV. If not, it can be found at https://www.wifipineapple.com/mk5/booklet.pdf

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

fair enough guys, my bad. It was there

In my defence - I did read like 90% of the booklet I got. Including the section on boot modes and system switches. Unfortunately I stopped before the "troubleshooting" section (hey, I haven't had any trouble yet??) which is where this tidbit apparently resides lol