oclhashcat question.

Luzm

I got a question, I'm trying to find more info on oclhashcat on drivers I read that it's only available for nvidia, but I'm also trying to find drivers for or if anyone knows away around for intel corporation mobile gm965/gl960.

By specifying the format as 6 instances of a lowercase char (I think that's what the 'l' means) the length variation provided by pw-min and pw-max is overruled. Are any of your hashes for words of exactly 6 characters?

Real world scenario, I asked my cousin to make me random hashes, without letting me know pwd lengths, would that help with brute forcing to decrypt? That's why I did the 6-12 min and max but then again I don't know lengths, or it's the wrong format to brute force. Cause no one really knows the length of pwd hash in a real world scenario.

You're currently still in the phase of "Is my input file valid and are my command line parameters correct". Make your own hash out of something simple and quickly guessed so you can retry faster when the result isn't what you expect.

Once you find it you know how to handle your cousin's hashes (or any other hash).

I decrypted my hashes quick, cause I knew min and max, but my cousin hashes are lame lol still can not get his, I'll figure out something, read more, is there a brute force with out doing min an max, or just leave that out.

Password length increment

"A Mask attack is always specific to a password length. For example, if we use the mask “?l?l?l?l?l?l?l?l” we can only crack a password of the length 8. But if the password we try to crack has the length 7 we will not find it. Thats why we have to repeat the attack several times, each time with one placeholder added to the mask. This is transparently automated by using the “--increment” flag"

Makes sense.