Connect pineapple to laptop ,and have kali use the pineapple antenna's?

SO ,Ive only had the Pineapple two days now .I bought one of the bundles .I'm seriously digging it .

Would there be a way to control/use the different radio's on the pineapple with kali ? Some of the newer wps phishing attacks with kali are slick ...is there a way to run all the commands off my vm of kali ,but use,and retain the pcap data that the pineapple radios are pulling in from say reaver ? Run the attack from a vm on a laptop ,but use the pineapple radios to carry through?

I ask ,because I have one of the Yagi's from hak5 too,and ,lol,the only thing it will connect to right now is the Mark V ...and I sure would like to use it the yagi with the longerange booster and kali .

Ive got the pineapple ,the long range extender ,yagi,3 dipoles, and two usb alfas.....it still doesnt change the fact that the yagi has the better range

,aand only connects to the pineapple .It still doesnt change the fact the pineapple doesnt have an infusion with the reaver mods for pixie dust .

I guess what I was wondering was if there was just a modular way to let kali use the pineapple radio's .I mean /the kali guys added support for the scripting for the "ducky" ...

Ive got the pineapple ,the long range extender ,yagi,3 dipoles, and two usb alfas.....it still doesnt change the fact that the yagi has the better range

,aand only connects to the pineapple .It still doesnt change the fact the pineapple doesnt have an infusion with the reaver mods for pixie dust .

I guess what I was wondering was if there was just a modular way to let kali use the pineapple radio's .I mean /the kali guys added support for the scripting for the "ducky" ...

The Yagi is only an antenna and can be used with any radio that takes advantage of external antennas (and those that don't if you're comfortable with soldering). Just pick up some adapters and a wifi adapter and plug it into your Kali box, or just use one of the alfas with your kali box.

Not to get off topic ,but the yagi hak5 sells is only made to connect to the markv ..Ive looked for adapters...aaaand with shipping coming from shady co's in china....it's easier to buy one from Rokland.The Yagi Hak5 sells is to strictly lock you into the pineapple eco-sphere.Hak5 is Not very "open",in the sense to use the yagi from there ,it's set up to only connect to the Markv,but then the infusions piggyback off the work being done over at kali..Look at what's going here with the pixydust attack...it starts there ,and winds it way here .I think the markv would be better suited to act as a modular extension of Kali ,or a dip switch mode to allow it at boot .,so kali can use the radio's

You need 2 Identical antenna to use kali and the Markv ,or pay goofy shipping and deal with shady online co's in china.to get it to work with other adapters .It's just as easy to buy another yagi online and beat the shipping from china.

When the people at Kali make something that uses certain radio drivers that can use equipment with standard industry connectors .

The pineapple uses SMA connectors. WiFi device manufacturers mostly use RP-SMA. A reasonable explanation for that decision from that Wikipedia article is

The FCC considered that the RP-SMA was acceptable in preventing consumers changing the antenna; but by 2000 it regarded them as readily available, though delaying its ruling indefinitely. As of 2013, leading manufacturers are still using RP-SMA connectors on their Wi-Fi equipment

Both are standards. Adapters to go from SMA to RP-SMA are cheap and readily available from E-bay, Amazon, and many other online sources as well as your local radio shacks.

Kali is a wonderful Linux distribution geared towards penetration testing and forensics. It is by no means the only such distribution and doesn't take credit for the myriad of tools it provides. In fact Pentoo, lead by Mr. WiFi himself, Zero Chaos, is probably more geared for WiFi testing than Kali. And most popular USB WiFi devices that you can connect to your Kali laptop can also be connected to the pineapple.

So spend a buck-fifty on an adapter (including shipping) from some "shady co's in china" (as I did) and enjoy your pineapple and Yagi (or parabolic, or cantenna, etc.).

So True! I started saying that back in the '80s; I never knew they'd make a poster.

Anyway, SMA was first and made sense. Reverse Polarity (RP) SMA came later and makes no sense to me. They should ave called it Reverse Polish SMA.

So True! I started saying that back in the '80s; I never knew they'd make a poster.

Anyway, SMA was first and made sense. Reverse Polarity (RP) SMA came later and makes no sense to me. They should ave called it Reverse Polish SMA.

It's from Marcus Ranum, who's the chief security officer of Tenable security. He's also a pretty cool artist. They made a computer security calendar and this pic is from it.

http://ranum.com/security/computer_security/index.html

Actually, you CAN use the wlan1 radio on the pineapple directly with kali, i do it all the time. I havent tried any method for the wlan0 interface with kali but thats just because i dont need to.

Anyways, to use the wlan1 interface on kali or any linux and i believe windows, get the usbip packages installed on the pineapple from opkg, the do the same on your kalilinux machine via apt-get. It takes a little setting up, but there are various guides on the interwebs.

Edited by DataHead