Linux Help

Swimfin131

So I am downloading ubuntu right now. I wanted to make a partition on my laptop (Mac laptop) for Linux so I can boot either OS X or linux. I don't know the best way to do this. I think for me the best way to learn linux is to do linux, so I wanted to make a small partition on my laptop for learning. Any ideas for the best way to go about it?

you can always run the Ubuntu disc as a live CD then from their use with qtparted or gparted and partition the hard drive for the installation. i know this works under normal pc's not sure about mac however, but i guess if ubuntu works on mac's it's going to be the same deal and should work fine. I'm not too sure how the boot loader to dual boot mac os and ubuntu will work but if it's just like a normal pc it should work fine again

good luck on the install and if you still have any problems always check out the Ubuntu forums they shave the most relevant info and they should be able to answer your questions in more detail

i'm presuming that like most os's they are going to supply some sort of utility for repartitioning but in this case since it's a mac i guess they just jave a copy of qtparted or gparted compiled for that platform.

just a question how every is there any way to partition a volume using the mac os install disc