I know this is a user error but i could use some advice.... Kali

arober23

I'm not completely new to pentesting and Im not completely new to Kali Linux, We've been using Kali Linux for Everything at school. I have Kali on a usb I boot up everything works great. Recently I was given a hp Chromebook 14 and decided to install Kali using the crouton method. The distro is bare so you have to install a metapackage after the initial setup. I installed the kali-linux-top10 which is the top 10 security pentesting tools.

Today I finally sat down for the first time to really play around with Kali and to Pentest my network which I did and I found a few vulnerable ports on another laptop running in the house so I decided to use metasploit and see what I could get my hands on but i got this

*] Starting the Metasploit Framework console.../[-] Failed to connect to the database: could not connect to server: Connection refused

Is the server running on host "localhost" (::1) and accepting

TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

could not connect to server: Connection refused

Is the server running on host "localhost" (127.0.0.1) and accepting

TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

So none of the exploits are working..... I know this is a user error and the fix has to be something simple but i could use some help .....any suggestions?