Had a cool idea for Mark VI

overwraith

So I was talking to my dad (a windows admin type), and said it would be cool if we could make hardware, laptops, etc which had a combination lock type roller which would be used for changing the MAC address of the device. Have seen software for this, but never one of these setups. My dad reveals to me that some server equipment has this feature. So I was wondering if it would be at all possible to add this to the next iteration of the pineapple, would it be feasible? Would such a setup be able to change the combo while the device was on?

I've never heard of such a thing that let's you change MAC address like that. I haven't seen every server in the world, but my fair share.

Instead of a new hardware for the Pineapple, I would look into utilizing the HDK and some hacker, technolust, goodness.

https://hakshop.myshopify.com/collections/wifi-pineapple-accessories/products/wifi-pineapple-hdk?variant=1035181244

In response to changing it while it's on, yes. But the interface would most likely have to be turned down/off temporarily for the change.

Ok, so after grilling my dad on what specific system it is he said it was the HP blade systems with virtual connect or something. Said the C3000, and C7000 chassis have this feature. You basically stick a blade in the slot and it will assume the given MAC address. I hope I did not misunderstand how it works though.

I'm not sure if changes the MAC address. The blade chassis itself can have it's own and the blades work behind that. It's a little weird but I have a few of them at work that have a tiny LCD and basic menus to do things. But I would think with the pineapple HDK you can hook up some hardware or whatever and have it tell the pineapple to down the interface, macchanger the mac, and bring it back up.