blacklist yourself?

p28312

Im a newbie and I've been watching videos / reading tutorials. A few sites suggest you go to Karma settings and add your MAC to the blacklist - so you don't pickup your own packets. However, if I dropped my connection, I was unable to reconnect as a client until on another machine I removed the blacklist entry. Do you need to actually do any configuration like this?

Im a newbie and I've been watching videos / reading tutorials. A few sites suggest you go to Karma settings and add your MAC to the blacklist - so you don't pickup your own packets. However, if I dropped my connection, I was unable to reconnect as a client until on another machine I removed the blacklist entry. Do you need to actually do any configuration like this?

If you are sharing your internet connection to the WiFi Pineapple MKV via ethernet from your PC / laptop, and you are getting internet over WiFi, you probably want to blacklist your MAC. Otherwise you'll karma yourself and loose internet connectivity.

If you are providing internet to the WiFi Pineapple MKV via other means and are managing it over WiFi, you should not blacklist yourself.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

I'm pretty sure you're supposed to like blacklist your pineapple when you are using stuff like Deauth