Imitate XBOX controller

newbi3

I have carpal tunnel and I just got GTA 5 and my hands are to slow to be able to type in the cheat codes. That game is horrible without cheats. So i decided that I'd write a ducky script to do the cheats for me but it doesn't like keyboard input. Has anyone had any success with a xbox-controller ish firmware or has no one even ventured into that area yet?

not that I know about writing usb software for drivers or anything, but is the xbox controller a usb device? and does the xbox recognize a standard keyboard? You could start testing the xbox controller in kali, using usbmon or wireshark to try and capture the usb communication its sending out.

not that I know about writing usb software for drivers or anything, but is the xbox controller a usb device? and does the xbox recognize a standard keyboard? You could start testing the xbox controller in kali, using usbmon or wireshark to try and capture the usb communication its sending out.

I tried plugging in a standard keyboard yesterday and it didn't do anything. The only thing i could make happen was brining up the xbox start menu thing. And I can't plug the controller into my computer because I don't have the USB adapter for it

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I don't know about XBOX as such, but the Ducky does work on the Wii gaming console. I tried it with a ducky script on the Wii Message board, and it did type, but it does miss characters. There needs to be a small, maybe 200 millisecond delay between all characters. Easy enough to implement.

Yeah, that'd be because the Wii accepts USB keyboard as input. Off the top of my head, I don't believe the Wii supports USB Keyboard is a substitute for the WiiMote. So you couldn't get it to press the A button or wiggle the analogue stick on the nunchuck. I think the Ducky would work fine on the XBox if you only wanted to enter keystrokes, but as far as the emulation of the actual controller goes, I'm not sure. You could try taking a look at "MotionInJoy". Their drivers for windows work pretty well for both the 360 controller and Sony's dualshock.

• 5 months later...

Here is a script to Send a message on Xbox 360

replace "gamertag" with the target profile name.

I've tested it and it works

This script was originally meant for a reprogrammed usb drive but i tested it on a USB rubber ducky instead.

DELAY 2000
WINDOWS r
DELAY 1000
DOWN
DELAY 200
DOWN
DELAY 200
DOWN
DELAY 200
ENTER
DELAY 2000
ENTER
DELAY 2000
ENTER
DELAY 2000
ENTER
DELAY 1000
STRING "gamertag"
DELAY 500
ENTER
DELAY 2000
DOWN
DELAY 200
DOWN
DELAY 200
ENTER
DELAY 2000
STRING this
DELAY 100
STRING message
DELAY 100
STRING was
DELAY 100
STRING sent
DELAY 100
STRING with
DELAY 100
STRING a
DELAY 100
STRING hacked
DELAY 100
STRING usb
DELAY 100
STRING drive
DELAY 100
STRING .
DELAY 100
STRING contact
DELAY 100
STRING me
DELAY 100
STRING via
DELAY 100
STRING phone
DELAY 100
STRING once
DELAY 100
STRING received
DELAY 100
STRING .
DELAY 100
DELAY 2000
ENTER
DELAY 2000
ENTER
DELAY 7000
WINDOWS r

The xbox 360 does support a usb keyboard. It can vary from model to model but mine works as well as the USB rubber ducky.

Windows Button = guide button

left right down up arrows = directional pad on controller

etc.

hope this helped along with the code above...