Power Supply

chunderstruck

Anything that is 5-12v should work fine... At 5v I would recommend 2amps minimum...

I've been using my Western Digital mybook power adapter which is 12v 3amps and it seems a bit more stable than the stock MKV supply.

Also the cheaper you get the more unfiltered/noise the power usually is which is likely to cause problems so... it's probably worth investing an extra $10 bucks and getting NOT the cheapest one you can find.

~L0G1C

I've been using my Western Digital mybook power adapter which is 12v 3amps and it seems a bit more stable than the stock MKV supply.

That sounds like it would create a lot of heat. at 12v, you should only be giving is 1amp to make 12 watts.

OP: I suggest a USB-A to Type M barrel (5.5mm OD 2.1mm ID) connector and charging it with a USB charger (use one that is capable of charging a tablet). 5v with 2amps would give you 10watts. With that cable, there are a ton of chargers you can connect it to. It would also make it very easy to have a USB battery pack with and a solar charger.

That sounds like it would create a lot of heat. at 12v, you should only be giving is 1amp to make 12 watts.

OP: I suggest a USB-A to Type M barrel (5.5mm OD 2.1mm ID) connector and charging it with a USB charger (use one that is capable of charging a tablet). 5v with 2amps would give you 10watts. With that cable, there are a ton of chargers you can connect it to. It would also make it very easy to have a USB battery pack with and a solar charger.

Just because it CAN supply 3 amps doesn't mean it IS supplying 3 amps. Besides if it was the heat would be at the brick not IN the pineapple. Many people have reported issues with 5V x 2 amps. It's even suggested here: https://forums.hak5.org/index.php?/topic/31667-answers-to-common-questions/

by Seb to have 12+ watts.

~L0G1C

You'll probably run into issues powering external usb wifi adapters with only 5v.