PineAP - What is it and how to use it

Zyg0te

So I grabbed my Wifi Pineapple yesterday and started playing with it. However, I havent been able to find any documentation or information about the PineAP functionality. The only thing I've overheard is how its used to receive probes, respond to them with one radio and then broadcast those SSID's with the other radio. However, Im not sure how to configure this and the web interface isnt making much sense with regards to PineAP.

Any input would be awesome.

Thanks!

So I grabbed my Wifi Pineapple yesterday and started playing with it. However, I havent been able to find any documentation or information about the PineAP functionality. The only thing I've overheard is how its used to receive probes, respond to them with one radio and then broadcast those SSID's with the other radio. However, Im not sure how to configure this and the web interface isnt making much sense with regards to PineAP.

Any input would be awesome.

Thanks!

Uhhh well what i know so far is how to use PineAP and Dogma

2 Ways you can use PineAP with Dogma is to access reconnaissance scan for networks around you click the green link to add the AP to the SSID Management Section of the PineAP

or you can setup your own SSID names under SSID Management.

Under then PineAP tab their is a box and a button for adding and removing AP's in the SSID Management section.

Add any SSID's you want to broadcast the Pineapple as and with Dogma enable within a few seconds you should see all the networks showing up that are in the SSID Management section.

I haven't had much luck figuring out how to use the Beacon or the other one yet.

Too many bugs with the 2.0.2 causing my pineapple reboot along with other bugs.

• 4 weeks later...

That video helped a bunch,and was informative as far as learning about how more devices are using broadcast probes instead of revealing the SSID they are looking for. However, on my 2.04 Pineapple Mark V I cannot enable pineap! I can start Karma, but none of the PineAP "enable" links work. Can anyone else run it?

• 5 months later...